Job Title: Assistant Bookkeeper
Reports to: Parish Bookkeeper
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Scheduled Hours: 19 hours per week
St. Mary Catholic Church in Oak Ridge is seeking a part-time Assistant Bookkeeper. This position reports to the Parish Bookkeeper and will be responsible for performing financial support services for the parish and school. Responsibilities include accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll preparation, and maintaining the integrity of general ledger accounts and parishioner’s stewardship records.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting principles, bookkeeping skills, and the use of office software programs. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of a high-school degree with two years or more of bookkeeping experience.
- High level of experience needed with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal form
- Detail-orientated work skills to ensure the accuracy of records and reports
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
While this is a part-time position with up to 19 hours of work, there is job growth potential with added duties and hours. Interested candidates should email their letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact John Proteau for more information at (865) 482-2875