| Liturgical Ministries
| Spiritual Life Ministries
| Perpetual Adoration
| Mission Masses
PARISH WEDDING POLICY
- Our parish welcomes the celebration of marriage, and we are committed to supporting dignified celebrations of the nuptial sacrament in our church. To this end, in addition to applicable canonical and diocesan requirements, we hope this parish policy helps provide for a worthy celebration of your wedding.
- Engaged couples who are registered parishioners should contact a member of the parish clergy before setting a date for the wedding. This also applies if only one of the couple is a parishioner here.
- Catholics who are registered members of another parish should first complete the pre-nuptial investigation with a priest or deacon of their own parish, and only afterwards contact us to reserve the church. This also applies if only one of the couple is Catholic.
- Catholic clergymen who are not assigned to our parish must first receive permission from our pastor before officiating at a wedding in our parish. The desired clergyman will be familiar with this process.
- Catholic weddings taking place within our parish boundaries are celebrated inside the parish church, rather than at another location.
- Both the Facilities Use Request Form and the Facilities Use Agreement must be completed and received by us before any of our facilities can be reserved for a wedding.
- Times for rehearsal, preparation and clean-up must all be included in the Facility Use Request Form.
- Couples who are not members of the parish must also, in addition to all other requirements, include a reservation deposit, which will be returned in its entirety once the wedding takes place. This reservation deposit is in addition to deposits and fees described in the Facility Use Agreement.
- Decoration of the church requires supervision from the parish sacristan. The couple should contact the sacristan a minimum of 30 days before the wedding if they wish to add decorations.
- Music, including use of parish musical instruments and/or our sound system, takes place under the supervision of our Director of Music. The couple should contact the Music Director a minimum of 30 days before the wedding if they wish to have music at their wedding. The Music Director will assist in hiring musicians, soloists, or choirs for the weddings of registered parishioners. All other musicians must be approved by the DLM. The music itself must be sacred music approved for liturgical use by the bishop of Knoxville.
- In accordance with the Roman Ritual, texts for the wedding are selected by the officiating clergyman after consultation with the couple.